Pancakes are one of my favorite things but I don’t make them very often, this recipe had been on my mind for a while and I had many cravings to do it.
For the pancakes mix I used Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Pancake Mix but you can just make them with flour.
This recipe is ideal for a weekend and it’s enough for around 6-7 pancakes so you can adjust the recipe if you need to cook for more people.
So finally here it is so you can surprise your family or friends!
- 1 1/2 cup of pancake mix (or use flour + 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cacao powder
- 1 cup unsweetened plant-based milk (I used almond milk)
- 1 very ripe medium banana mashed,
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds (or flaxseed) + 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- 2 tbsp. Earth Balance butter or coconut oil
- 1 tsp powdered cinnamon
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl (flour, cacao, cinnamon).
- Separately mix the chia or flax seeds with the water and let sit around 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add milk slowly to the dry ingredients and stir until everything is integrated. Then combine the rest of the ingredients: banana, chia and maple syrup and mix well. If the mixture is too dry add a little more milk and if it’s very liquid add a little flour.
- Heat some of the butter or oil in a skillet over low to medium heat and pour the portion you wish for your pancake. When you begin to see the bubbles and looks a little dry flip it and let it cook on the other side.
- Once ready serve with your favorite toppings such as fruit, peanut or almond butter, maple syrup, etc.
- Sit back and enjoy!
Do you like the pancakes? What are your favorite flavors?
Leave your comments below 🙂