It took me some time to find my list of favorite vegan and cruelty-free products. It was a bit of trial and error by testing different brands. But now, since I’ve been using them for some time, I want to share them with you. I hope this list works for you!
Hello friends! This is a post that’s been going around in my head for a while and I think you might be interested.
As I mentioned in a previous post, the vegan lifestyle is more than just a diet. It also involves taking into account the products we use.
Unfortunately, today there are companies that still perform animal testing. This is a cruel and unnecessary practice, especially if we are talking about cosmetics.
That is why the criteria of vegan and cruelty-free are a very important part to take into account when making our purchases.
If you want to know more about the difference between vegan/cruelty-free and why it is important to check both I invite you to read my previous post.
I’ve been using cruelty-free cosmetics for a couple of years now. Therefore, I’ve found what’s best for me.
In fact, I began to buy products free of animal testing way before going vegan.
Note: This post may contain links to affiliates.
My favorite brands for vegan and cruelty-free products
I have a couple of brands that I have already tried several products and I can definitely recommend it.
It should be noted that none of these products have been sponsored, they are things that I buy myself. I’m still not popular enough for a brand to sponsor me!
So, all I’m going to detail here are things that I’ve used or I’m currently using and I like.
View this publication in Instagram
THAT’S A WRAP! ✨ products that made headlines in 2019 are our top #cleanbeauty products. From color cosmetics to hair care, a big thank you to those who our products as the best in beauty. 2020, we’re coming for you #cleanbeautyrevolution #cleanbeautyproducts #fruitpigmented #bestinbeauty #awardwinners!
This brand offers natural and organic beauty products. I discovered 100% Pure by chance at the San Francisco airport.
They use fruit and vegetable-based tints, which is an idea I found super cool.
100% Pure has some of my favorite vegan and cruelty-free products.
Everything they offer is cruelty-free and they are not part of any other company that tests animals.
*This brand features a line of cosmetics and personal care. Not all of their products are vegan (some are vegetarian) but the majority is.
View this publication in Instagram
Dream Shot 🌙 @patikartofficial Make every second of your beauty sleep count! Your skin needs a boost while it rests and recoups. This concentrated bioactive serum is built as a collagen support system that helps create a moisture barrier while adding hydration. #vegan #crueltyfree #pacificabeauty
Pacifica is a 100% cruelty-free and vegan brand!
Their products are affordable but have good quality and their packaging design is gorgeous. In addition to makeup, they also have a line of fragrances and skincare. I currently use some makeup items and nail polish.
My skin is really sensitive to ingredients that can clog pores. It’s been a couple of years since I started using Alba Botanica’s AcneDote line.
These products have an amazing price, are vegan, cruelty-free and work wonderfully on my skin leaving it clean and fresh.
Another of my favorites in makeup is Juice Beauty. I like them because they use organic ingredients and so far they have not irritated my skin or caused any breakouts.
*They have a couple of products that contain beeswax but the vast majority of what they offer is vegan.
I found Lily Lolo through a beauty box subscription. One thing I really love is the sober design of their products.
Currently, I’m using the bronzer and contour duo. Another of the products that I like the most is the mascara.
*Most of their products are vegan, but they have some lip and eye products that contain carmine.
I love Lush and all their activism against animal testing.
If you haven’t been by one of their stores then you should because they smell amazing!
They also have stores in several countries including Panama so it is very easy for me to get their products.
What I use most are the toner, shower and hair products.
*Most of their products are vegan but have others with animal ingredients such as honey.
Bioland is a super accessible brand in Panama and Central America that I really like.
They have all kinds of personal care products and in particular, I like the hair care line and their soaps.
As for accessories for makeup I like very much the brushes of the brand EcoTools.
This brand features different types of makeup brushes, bath, and spa items made with recycled and sustainable material. There is also a soap available to wash the brushes and keep them clean which I really like.
Ecotools is 100% cruelty-free and vegan. They don’t use any kind of paper on their packaging which is amazing for our planet and our trees!
Favorite vegan and cruelty-free products by category
Okay, I’ve already told you a little bit about the brands I use the most. If I go to categories it gets a little more varied because over time I have been testing new things or using a particular brand for specific products.
I want to clarify something, I don’t use a lot of makeup, so I’m sure there’s going to be a lot of products that I don’t have at the moment. But I think I have the essentials. I need to find a primer that works for my skin though, that’s for sure!
- Juice Beauty Phyto-Pigments Flawless Serum Foundation
- Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Powder
- Lily Lolo Mineral Bronzer
- Jing Ai Sierra Glow Duo Blush
- Lily Lolo Contour Duo
- 100% Pure Fruit Pigmented® Tinted Moisturizer
- 100% Pure Fruit Pigmented® Powder Foundation
- Pacifica Beauty Transcendent Concentrated Concealer
- Lily Lolo Black Natural Mascara
- 100% Pure Creamy Long Last Liner
- Pacifica Stellar Gaze Length & Strength Mascara Supernova
- 100% Pure Long Last Liquid Eye Liner
- Pacifica Beauty Natural Eye Pencil
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Brow Mousse
- 100% Pure Fruit Pigmented® Pretty Naked II Palette
- Han Skincare Cosmetics Eyeshadow
- 100% Pure Fruit Pigmented® Cocoa Butter Matte Lipstick
- Gressa Skin – Natural Lip Boost
- Juice Beauty SPF 8 Lip Moisturizer
- Elate Creme Lipstick
- Elate Moisturizing Lip Gloss
- Juice Beauty PHYTO-PIGMENTS LIQUID LIP
- Lime Crime Velvetines Liquid Matte Lipstick
- Essence Velvet Matte Lipstick
- Pacifica Beauty Color Quench Natural Lip Tint
- Kat Von D Studded Kiss Creme Lipstick
- Pacifica 7 Free Nail Polish
- 100% Pure Nail Polish
- Essence Extreme Last Base Coat
- Mineral Fusion Nail Polish Gel Top Coat
- Mineral Fusion Galaxy Nail Polish
- Marley Marie Naturals Nail Polish Remover
- HABIT Nail Polish
- Essence Extreme Shine Top Coat
- Lauren B Beauty Nail Lacquer
- AILA Nail Lacquer
- Essence Shine Last & Go! Gel Nail Polish
Skin Care and Personal Toilet
- Alba Botanica Acnedote Maximum Strength Deep Pore Wash
- Ursa Major Fantastic Face Wash
- Lush Tea Tree Water Toner
- Juice Beauty GREEN APPLE PEEL FULL STRENGTH STRENGTHTING MASK
- Earth Science Papaya Glycolic Gentle Skin Peel
- S.w. Basics Hibiscus Facial Mask
- The Ordinary 100% Plant-derived Squalane (it’s great as a moisturizer!)
- The Ordinary Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG (for dark circles!)
- Alba Botanica Anti-Pollution Volcanic Clay Hawaiian Detox Frothy Scrub
- Lyonsleaf Calendula Cream
- Rejuvenation Sunscreen
- 100% Pure Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream
- Yes to Tomatoes Clear Skin Detoxifying Charcoal Facial Wipes
- Yes To Cucumbers Soothing Hypoallergenic Facial Wipes
- Meow Meow Tweet Baking Soda Free Deodorant
- Emely’s Naturals KARITE + CALENDULA Body Cream
- Desert Essence Island Mango Hand & Body Lotion
- Bioland Organic Aloe Vera Gel
- Kiss My Face Sun Spray Lotion SPF30 Sunscreen
- Kiss My Face, Moisture Shave Lavender And Shea
- LUSH Plum Rain Shower Gel
- Lush I Love Juicy Shampoo
- DermOrganic Intensive Hair Repair Deep Masque
- Yarok Hair Products
- Shea Radiance Nourishing Hair Repair Cream
- Green & Gorgeous Organics Dry Shampoo
There are many other brands and products that I find interesting. But I haven’t tried them yet, so I’m not mentioning them here for now. However, in case I find another favorite I’ll add it.
As much as possible, I also like brands that use natural and organic ingredients. Furthermore, it’s important to me that they don’t have so many weird chemicals or things that may eventually give cancer or something!
What do you think about my list of favorite vegan and cruelty-free products? Do you use any of them?