Do you want to know where to find vegan burgers in Panama? Don’t worry because I plan to help you with that. After all, who doesn’t love a good burger? And even more, if it’s fully vegan!
The Burger Week is an event that has become very popular in Panama. It is because during that time many restaurants in the city use their talent to create avant-garde burgers for anxious diners.
Unfortunately, the options are not vegan-friendly…
Bacon, beef, cheese wrapped in bacon. Chicken, burger patties stuffed with 5 types of cheese and wrapped in bacon. Chorizo, bacon, fried egg with melted cheese sauce… Did I mention bacon yet?… In other words, you get the idea.
So Anyway, I said to myself: – why don’t we have a Vegan Burger week?
It would awesome for us, wouldn’t it?
In Panama, you can find many places that offer veggie burgers; however, not all of them are suitable for vegans.
What makes a burger suitable for vegans?
A burger can be considered vegan if none of its components contain animal-based ingredients. For example the patty, bun, seasonings, dressing or toppings.
For instance, this includes ingredients such as:
- Eggs (used both in making the bread or for varnishing, or to prepare burger patty)
- Dairy products
- Gelatin which is not even vegetarian
- Lard, etc.
Restaurants that offer vegan burgers in Panama
I searched for restaurants that offer vegan burgers in Panama. Therefore, these are some of my suggestions for the days when you crave a juicy vegan burger. To Hell With the Diet!
💚Vegan Restaurant 💜Vegetarian 💛Rest. with Vegan Options
Karma has a concept that I love so they try to show it through their food.
Their motto is that veganism is not a lifestyle in which you have to sacrifice the taste of the things you used to love. In fact, they promote delicious vegan meals that make people not even miss the meat.
They also have some of my favorite vegan burgers in Panama.
You’ll find colorful burger buns dyed with beets or activated charcoal. In addition to also cool creations like the “unchicken” burger. If you add some buffalo sauce and you have a winner right there.
The vegan burgers offered by Karma are:
- The Karma Burger: Vegan patty, beet BBQ, cheeze and bac’n, red onion, kale, tomato, and gherkin.
- Freaky Sliders: Two patties in activated charcoal buns with pistachio-based cheese, kale, coleslaw, onion rings, and Vegenaise.
Phish Burger(no longer available): Hearts of palm and chickpea pattie with lettuce, tomato, and onion with vegan tartar sauce.
- Nollopo Burger: A Breaded Non-Chicken, nutzarella, onion, and coleslaw.
📍Address: Calle 56 Este, Obarrio, Panama.
Natural Spice offers great vegan burgers in Panama.
Their menu includes a raw vegan version. Furthermore, their price is one of the best in Panama and the taste is on point.
Natural Spice has a vegan and dairy-based cheese; so you must point out that you want your burger vegan.
The Patties they offer are as varied as lentils, beans, beets with black rice, chickpeas, and zucchini.
This is a sneak peek of their burger menu:
- Maximiliano es el Power: Double patty with caramelized onion, cashew mayo, house-made mustard, and double cheese
- La Frida: Avocado, lettuce, tomato, caramelized onion, cashew cheese, chips, and vegan sour cream.
- La Morena Sweet Republic: Patty of the day with cashew-based dressing, sweet pineapple sauce, grated carrot, and vegan bacon.
- Nut Burger: Raw vegan patty between layers of sunflower seeds, with raw vegan dressings.
- La Vistísima: Burger patty stuffed with gourmet black rice. Portobello mushrooms, handmade tamarind or apple BBQ. Romaine lettuce, vegan cream cheese, red onion. Sweet mustard, tomato sauce, and microgreens. All in an artisan bread with carrot fibers.
📍Address: La Cresta, Calle Jose Fabrega, Panama.
Every Wednesday they offer different types of thematic burgers.
Soy-based Picantosa, The Creole one which is a lentil patty, the Mexican bean-based, the Mediterranean chickpea-based, and the Panamanian red bean-based.
PuroLove burgers are different because they use tomato slices instead of burger buns. So if you are trying to avoid bread then this is the right place. Because you can still enjoy a burger guilt-free.
📍Address: Av 5 Sur, San Francisco, Panama.
Veggie Queen has many delicious things, including 3 types of burgers.
- Vegan simple: Lentil veggie burger, tomatoes, lettuce. Vegan cheddar cheese, ketchup, and vegan mayo.
- Quinoa burger: Veggie burger of quinoa. Tomato, pickles, lettuce. Vegan mayo, pink sauce, and vegan Cheddar cheese.
- The Italian Queen: Veggie soy burger with sun-dried tomatoes. Basil sauce, Queen sauce, and vegan white cheese. Tomato, lettuce, and oregano.
I also recommend their empanadas, lasagna, and desserts.
📍Address: El Carmen, David de Castro Street, Panama ( Diagonal to the theater In Circle, behind the Riba Smith of Transistmica)
A very cozy and cute corner restaurant in Casco Viejo. Dodó offers various vegan options, including a brunch … and of course, burgers!
Their House Burger has three options to choose from: lentils, beets or quinoa. They also have a trio of mini burgers with all three flavors to try.
📍Address: Monumental Complex of Las Bóvedas, in front of Calle 1a Oeste, Casco Viejo.
Famous vegan restaurant chain that has branches in various parts of the world. Loving Hut has a counter type menu and also a fixed menu where you can find vegan burgers.
📍Address: Av Manuel Espinosa Batista B, Panama.
I love the battered tofu burger and the kimchi fries!
The plant-based menu includes:
- Cheesevurger: Patty made of guandú, chickpea, corn, parsley, and coriander. Lettuce, tomato, purple onion, pickle, anti sauce, and soy-based cheese.
- Hemp N ‘Kale: Cheesevurger, sauteed kale, cucumber, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds. Green vegan mayo, dill, and soy-based cheese.
- Faux Chicken: battered tofu, grilled kimchi, pickles, purple onion, anti sauce.
- Kimchi Fries: Curly potatoes, grilled kimchi, anti (vegan) sauce and chives.
📍Address: In front of the Academy of Music of Panama, Calle 71 San Francisco, Panama
They have a vegetarian burger made with quinoa. They also have the vegan one which consists of a lentil patty, curried hummus, avocado and arugula on vegan bread.
You can order it in combo with iced tea and chips.
- Food Court of AltaPlaza Mall, Vía Centenario Panama
- P. H Metro Plaza, Ave. 12 de Octubre, Panama
Vitali is a healthy concept restaurant with kosher options where many of them are vegan.
Their vegan burger is a black bean and hemp seeds patty served with Ezekiel or whole wheat bread, kale, tomato, and guacamole. It comes with sweet potato fries.
📍Address: C.C. Bal Harbour, Av Italia, Paitila, Panama
This restaurant/health food store has a sophisticated and gourmet touch. Additionally, they focus on using high quality, organic and fresh ingredients.
The vegan burger consists of homemade sourdough bread, tomato, lettuce, vegan mayo, patty made with almond/seeds.
📍Address: Calle 67 San Francisco, Avenida 3b Sur, Panama
They have a vegan bean-based burger. Personally I feel that this burger has a lot of potential. The taste is good, the bread too. However, the texture was too dry for my liking. Maybe if they don’t over-cook it, it’s better. Or maybe it was just bad luck that day.
📍San Francisco, Plaza 76
📍CDE, Plaza The Corner
Fuddruckers offers a Beyond Meat burger where you can make it to your liking with your own dressings and toppings.
The bread is vegan too.
📍Branches in Albrook mall, Metro Mall and Alta Plaza Mall.
They have 3 types of burgers: lentils, quinoa, and plantain. All are vegan, including the bread and sauces.
📍Address: La Plaza, City of Knowledge, Clayton (diagonal to Balboa Academy)
Chic and «instagrammable» burger shop in Casco Viejo. They have the Beyond Burger in house bread. Lettuce, caramelized onion, and vegan beauty sauce. Ask for it with the vegan cheese option.
📍 Address: Casa Jaguar, Central Ave. between Calle 11 and 12, Casco Antiguo.
Mahalo is a very cool place in Casco Viejo that has several delicious vegan options.
Their vegan burger is made with beans, nuts, and quinoa. It’s served with a “vegenaise” sriracha, caramelized onion, tomato, lettuce, and avocado.
📍 Address: Las Clementinas Hotel, Casco Viejo, Panama
“THE HIPSTER” is a vegan specialty. You can choose between 3 types of protein: quinoa burger, beans or lentils.
It comes on a 100% wholewheat rye bread with chia seeds and vegetables. You can have it with oil-free french fries, such as sweet potatoes.
Vegan-friendly burger consisting of 4oz of vegan meat, vegan mayo, a cashew-based smoked cheese from Casa Planta, caramelized onion, lettuce, tomato, and dairy-free bread.
📍Address: Calle 72, Casa 81 San Francisco, Panama.
Their vegan burger is made of squash with curry. It comes with lettuce, mango sauce, and crispy beets and served on a handmade vegan white bread.
📍 Address: Calle Uruguay and Calle 49 Este, Panama.
Argentinian restaurant that offers a vegan burger on its menu.
📍Address: Centro comercial camino de cruces, Avenida Miguel A. Brostella, Panama.
💚 Urban Greenhouse
Update: Unfortunately this restaurant has closed its doors but keeps delivering their products.
You can enjoy delicious food in a cozy space at Urban Greenhouse.
For instance, they have become another of my favorite vegan restaurants in Panama.
These are the burgers that they offer:
- La Mundial Burger: Black bean patty, veggie, and spices with chimichurri, roasted onion, guacamole, caramelized plantain in gourmet pumpkin bread.
- Kimchi Burger: Black bean patty, veggie, and spices with vegan house-made Kimchi, Korean BBQ sauce, gochugaru, carrot in a gourmet pumpkin bread.
- Tokoyami Burger: Lentil patty with tomato, caramelized onion, teriyaki mushrooms, lettuce, crunchy hash browns, bbq sauce and home-made sweet mustard in Gourmet pumpkin bread.
Update: Their menu has changed and the burger is no longer available.
Alegria is located in Coco Market and has several options including a lentil-based vegan burger with fried onions.
Their burger is well seasoned, has a good combination of toppings between crunchy, juicy and soft textures that complement each other very well.
However, they have completely changed their menu now. It’s more focused on sushi and this burger and other vegan-friendly meals are no longer available which is a shame. I hope they bring more vegan options in the future.
💛 Tropic Deli
An Instagram-worthy spot with super colorful décor.
Tropic deli offers several options suitable for vegans, like sandwiches, soups, pasta and, of course, a burger.
The Vegan burger is a mushroom with black bean patty, topped with caramelized onion, pixbae tahini, and kale pesto, accompanied by mixed salad.
Other places where you can find vegan burgers in Panama:
Sattva Wellness Bar(Permanently closed)
- Mika Bazaar and Café
- We Fresh Market (you have to specify that you want vegan bread which has an additional cost)
- Fenicia-They have the Beyond meat patty and also vegan mayo. But, you have to specify that you want pita bread because the normal one is not vegan
Even though a Vegan Burger week still doesn’t exist if you want to give it a twist, then you can visit one of these places.
Above all, remember to check with the restaurants that are not vegan. They may change their ingredients and because of this, it’s important to always ask them. A couple of questions are better to make sure whether their burger it’s still safe or not.
I hope that my recommendations can help you find vegan burgers in Panama.
Have you tried any of these burgers yet? Which one is your favorite? Do you know any other place where you can find yummy vegan burgers in Panama?
If you enjoyed this post, you may be also interested in this one.
Leave your comments down below. And, don’t forget to subscribe to receive your free travel guide. 🙂
Take care and happy travels