I wanted to make a papaya boat with açai because they seemed one of the most colorful and fun breakfasts I have ever seen. To make it more interesting I added berries and toppings and it turned out amazing!
I decided to make my own version of this papaya boat with açai recipe. It’s very simple but will fill you with energy for the whole morning.
Basically, you can fill the papaya with the fruit mix that you want.
This time I used the things I had at home. Also, I considered ingredients that would go well in terms of flavors and contrasts with this tropical fruit.
Additionally, you have all the extra benefits of açai such as vitamins, antioxidants and healthy properties for our body.
Papaya Boat with Açai
- 1 medium ripe Papaya
- 1/2 cup of liquid of your choice (it can be water, almond milk or fruit juice)
- 1 frozen Banana
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 110 gr (3.5 oz) mashed Açai (I use the Sambazon-Performance Protein açai Smoothie Pack) or 2 tbsp. of açai powder
- Extra fruits of your choice to decorate such as: banana, kiwi, pineapple, strawberries …
- Something for a crunchy effect. For example, nuts, granola. hemp or chia seeds, cacao nibs or dehydrated coconut.
- Cut the papaya in half and lengthwise and remove all the seeds.
- In a high speed blender or a food processor, proceed to blend the fruits with the açai and some liquid. You can also add more or less liquid depending on the consistency you want.
- Pour the smoothie mix into the papaya and garnish with extra fruits of your choice, seeds and nuts or granola.
- Finally, enjoy it!
The good thing about this recipe is that you can unleash your imagination and create mixes according to what you like. creative!
If you liked this recipe leave your comments, I would love to know what combinations you would make.